The DHF of NC Leadership Council met in regular session on Saturday, March 12, 2016 at FCC Richlands with five members of the council present. Rev. Dr. Gary Edens opened the meeting with a time of prayer and sharing by all council members. It was a very spiritually rich time for all.
- Lynn read the minutes from our previous meeting.
- Gary noted that he contacted Broad Creek CC about a possible meeting with them to discuss our fellowship and was informed that they had no interest in joining DHF of NC, but only wanted to encourage our efforts.
- The group discussed the upcoming May 14th workshop to be held at Pleasant Hill CC. Jack Mumford will present a seminar on prayer. Lynn is in contact with Rev. Rick Vernon of the 902 church to discuss their participation in leading a seminar on social media and Sunday school. As of March 28th, Lynn has received confirmation from Rick that Rev. Ryan Vernon will host a seminar on social media, and Mrs. Marcia Stout will conduct a seminar on Sunday School. It was decided that we would begin registration at 9:00 a.m. with a time of worship beginning at 9:30. The seminars will begin at 10:00 a.m. and lunch will be served at 11:45 by Pleasant Hill. Lynn will be following up with Ryan and Marcia to discuss the seminars.
- Lynn presented the costs for car window stickers, T-shirts and golf shirts from “The Sign Barn” in Beulaville, NC. Their prices are very reasonable, but are one-color prints and not stitching. Lynn will make an effort to get quotes from other businesses in order to provide a good comparison.
- Lynn is currently collecting costs from major Newspapers on the cost of placing a DHF of NC advertisement in their papers. Our goal is to make our fellowship known to a greater audience in N.C.
- There was no update on the potential for a youth event due to the absence of Rev. Kim Holly.
- The group spent the majority of the meeting reviewing and discussing the formation of a Theology Concept or Statement of Beliefs to be published on our web site. We reviewed all the belief statements submitted by each church and worked to come to a consensus on how ours should be stated. Our desire is to not come off harsh, and yet we want it to be clear, readable, and digestible by a diverse audience. In essence, we want to be about what we believe, rather than what we are against. After coming to no firm consensus, Lynn agreed to work at developing a draft proposal for the group to work with at our next meeting.
- FYI, Unity CC is still looking for a new minister. Since Rev. Gary Edens will be retiring from FCC Richlands on April 24, 2016, their church is also beginning the search process.
- Our next Leadership Council meeting will be held on Apr. 16th at 10:00 a.m. at FCC Richlands.